HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
3. Surveys or Contests. From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our Site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will prohibit this third-party service provider from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
4. Browser Activities. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in web server log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and click-stream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. For more information about this, please see the section on “Cookies” below.
5. Profile. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to create a “profile” of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information to information in the profile in order to provide tailored promotions for the Site, and improve the content of the Site.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SITE
6. You may receive a variety of communications from BuildHappy. Out of respect for your privacy, with some exceptions (listed below) we generally provide you a way to unsubscribe from these communications. Communications from BuildHappy comply with United States Federal Law, including the CAN-SPAM Act, which establishes requirements for those who send commercial email, spells out penalties for spammers and companies whose products are advertised in spam if they violate the law, and gives consumers the right to ask emailers to stop spamming them. (For more information on The CAN-SPAM Act go to the government website at http://www.ftc.gov/spam).
BUILDHAPPY INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
7. Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable information about groups of users).We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our partners and advertisers, as applicable. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
OTHER PRIVACY ISSUES PERTAINING TO THE SITE
11. Links to Other Sites. This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by BuildHappy. Please be aware that we, BuildHappy, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website.
13. Access to Personally Identifiable Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or deactivate it by making the appropriate changes on your profile page.
14. Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can send email us at info@BuildHappy.net.